Fire Safe Council of the Year!
By Karen Herreros
We are proud to announce that the Scripps Ranch Fire Safe Council received the 2022 Outstanding Community Fire Safe Council of the Year Award from the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County!
This special commendation was tendered on behalf of the County of San Diego District 1, in recognition at the 15th annual Fire Safe Council Volunteer Awards ceremony held on June 10.
Scripps Ranch Fire Safe Council received the award “for their dedication to their community and implementation of various innovative projects increasing community preparedness.”
Over the years since we started this organization in January of 2004 – in response to the devastation wrought by the Cedar Fire – we are pleased that our efforts have earned five awards:
• 2004 Rookie of the Year Award
• 2014 Fire Safe Council of the Year Award for developing our evacuation plan
• 2017 Outstanding Community Fire Safe Council for educating and protecting our community from wildfire through information, events and agency collaboration to develop an evacuation plan
• 2018 Fire Safe Council Project of the Year for working to increase interest in creating disaster emergency plans with High School students
• 2022 Outstanding Community Fire Safe Council
Watch for upcoming information regarding the following events:
—Wildfire Community Preparedness Day at Station 37 on Oct. 15
—Annual Golf Tournament, which is our primary fund raiser, on Oct. 22
We appreciate any feedback from community members which will assist us in continuing to educate and protect our Scripps Ranch Community.