What goes in the bag?
By Karen Herreros
We’ve talked a lot about being prepared, how to secure your homes, have a “to go bag” in an emergency. But have we talked enough about what to put in the to go bag? Some things to consider:
1) 3 day supply of water (1 gallon per person per day)
2) 3-day food supply that won’t spoil; and a can/bottle opener
3) Battery powered radio and extra batteries
4) A change of clothing and shoes per person
5) A blanket or sleeping bag per person
6) A first aid kit that includes family prescriptions
7) Extra pair of eye glasses and sun glasses
8) Extra set of car and house keys
9) Toiletries (yes, including toilet paper and Kleenex)
10) Flashlight and batteries
11) Special items for infants, elderly or disabled family members
12) Pet food, water, dishes, carrier and leash
Learn more basics by watching Emergency Preparedness: Make a kit and a plan at sdge.com/beprepared.com. Be vigilant, smart and safe.