Fitness Quest 10 in Scripps Ranch will host the 2019 California 50 and Over Fitness Competition in conjunction with the California Senior Games on Sept. 22 at 9972 Scripps Ranch Blvd. (courtesy of Fitness Quest 10)
Fitness Quest 10 hosts seniors’ event
Family owned gym Fitness Quest 10 in Scripps Ranch will host the 2019 California 50 and Over Fitness Competition, held in conjunction with the California Senior Games in San Diego.
The California 50 and Over Fitness Championship is for anyone age 50 or over who is looking to challenge themselves and compete in fitness events against individuals in their age group. There will be 10 different fitness events including:
1. Kettlebell Box Squat (single attempt for max reps; choose 8 or 12 kg for females, 16 or 20 kg for males; stand facing wall, toes 6 inches or less from wall; squat down touch buttocks to box with knees breaking 90 degrees; box height will be adjusted for each contestant)
2. Barbell Bench Press (single attempt for max reps; choose 33 pounds or 45 pounds for females; 65 pounds or 95 pounds for males; touch bar to chest and lock out elbows)
3. Chin Ups (single attempt for max reps; extend elbows all the way, chin above bar)
4. Farmers Walk (single attempt for distance in yards; half of body weight with Kettlebells in each hand)
5. Keg Toss (three attempts for distance in yards; use Dynamax balls; 4 pounds for women and 8 pounds for men)
6. 300 Yard Shuttle Run (single attempt for time; 25-yard marker; sprint down and back six times for a total of 300 yards)
7. Concept 2 Rower (single attempt, row 500 meters for time at level 10)
8. Jump Rope (single attempt; jump rope 1 minute as many clear rotations as possible)
9. Prowler Push (single attempt for time; one 25-pound plate on each side for females, one 45-pound plate on each side for males; 50-yard push, push down to the 25-yard line, turn around and push back to cross the start line)
10. Medicine Ball Slam: Women 10 pounds and men 15 pounds, as many as possible for one minute. Rule: entire ball has to come up, body upright, fully above the head each time.
This California 50 and Over Fitness Competition will take place on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Fitness Quest 10, 9972 Scripps Ranch Blvd.
Entry fee is $35 per person plus $10 Sport Fee Includes: Medals awarded in each event, each age division, by gender; T-shirt and Restaurant Passport Entry to Celebration of Athletes on Sept. 20 in Balboa Park (RSVP required).
Register at SDSeniorGames.org