Padres in midst of ninth homestand
The San Diego Padres are playing a long homestand this week and into next as the ball club hosts the New York Mets, the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Minnesota Twins. Here is the remainder of this homestand schedule along with the promotional highlights for fans each game:
Padres vs. Mets, Thursday, July 27, 6:10 p.m.
- The fifth College Night of 2017 will take place Thursday, with a DJ spinning at the Budweiser Patio in right field from 5 p.m. to the conclusion of the game.College students will receive a special ticket discount with a valid student ID (advance price of $10 in a Right Field Upper Reserved College Night section; prices increase day-of-game).
- Clayton Richard, the Padres’ winner of the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association’s Heart and Hustle Award, will be presented with the award during a pregame ceremony. The award, given to players who demonstrate a passion for the game of baseball and best embody its values, will be presented to Richard by former Padre and Cy Young Award Winner Randy Jones.
Padres vs. Pirates, Friday, July 28, 7:10 p.m.
- Party in the Park, presented by Southwest Airlines, will take place Friday. The party begins at 4:30 p.m. with live entertainment and drink specials available for purchase for $5.
- Country pop singer-songwriter sensation Jessie James Decker will perform a pregame concert presented by Budweiser at Park at the Park beginning at 5:30 p.m. Decker will also throw the ceremonial first pitch prior to Friday’s game. Fans in attendance on Friday will also enjoy country-themed in-game entertainment throughout the night.
- Friday will serve as a Police Department Salute presented by Natural Balance. Eight officers and leadership from local police departments will line the baselines during the pregame ceremony.A representative from the Chula Vista Police Department will ring the Ceremonial Mission Bell.
San Diego Chief of Police Shelley Zimmerman, a San Diego Police Foundation representative and K9 Officer Sergeant Smith with Olaf the bomb dog will be presented with a check by the Padres and Natural Balance during the homeplate ceremony.
A police department representative will perform the National Anthem prior to Friday’s game.
Nine officers will take the field to greet Padres starters at each position.
- Two representatives from the Ronald McDonald House will be presented with a check for more than $40,000 from Padres ownership and wives of Padres players during the pregame ceremony from the funds raised at the “Players’ Favorite Things” auction on May 29.
Padres vs. Pirates, Saturday, July 29, 5:40 p.m.
- As part of Baseball Night in San Diego, all fans in attendance on Saturday will receive a Padres Baseball Hat presented by National University.
- Fans are encouraged to stick around after Saturday’s game for a special Postgame Fireworks Show presented by T-Mobile, with a country theme.
Padres vs. Pirates, Sunday, July 30, 1:40 p.m.
- Sunday will serve as a Military Salute: POW/MIA Recognition Day.A representative from the nuclear powered aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt will ring the Ceremonial Mission Bell.
Robert Vogler, 96-year-old survivor of the Bataan Death March who spent more than 1,200 days in Japanese prison camps during WWII, will throw the ceremonial first pitch.
Prisoners of War will be honored during the homeplate ceremony.
HM3 Grace Layugan from the USS Theodore Roosevelt will sing “God Bless America” during the seventh inning break.
Nine representatives from the USS Theodore Roosevelt will take the field to greet Padres starters at each position as part of “Military Take the Field.”
- KidsFest, Compadres Kids Sunday Signings and Kids Run the Bases are also schedules this day. KidsFest features bounce houses and other inflatables, games, face painters, balloon artists and more kid-friendly activities at Park at the Park beginning at 11 a.m.From noon to 12:30 p.m., two Padres players will sign autographs at the Park at the Park for Compadres Kids Sunday Signings. A Compadres Kids membership is required to participate. Membership is free, and kids can sign up online or in-person on the day of the event. Following Sunday’s game, kids 14 and under are invited to run the bases on the field. Kids and their families can begin lining up following the conclusion of the eighth inning at the top of the ramp leading to the Sun Diego Beach on K Street. Compadres Kids members will receive front-of-the-line privileges by lining up at the Park Boulevard Gate Plaza.
Padres vs. Twins, Tuesday, Aug. 1, 7:10 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday, presented by Cholula Hot Sauce, takes place every Tuesday home game and features Petco Park’s favorite local tacos at a special price. For only $2.50, fans can choose from a variety of taco options at Carnitas’ Snack Shack, Wonderland Ocean Pub, Lucha Libre, Miguel’s, Seaside Market, Rimel’s and Brigantine.
Padres vs. Twins, Wednesday, Aug. 2, 12:40 p.m.
- Wednesday will feature Way Back Wednesday, presented by Budweiser, with the Padres wearing their home white, blue and orange pinstripe uniforms worn by the club from 1991 to 2001. In-game music, graphics and other entertainment features will add to the Way Back Wednesday theme. Fans are encouraged to purchase a special theme game ticket package to receive a Way Back Wednesday T-shirt — a available on a first-come, first-served basis for the first 500 fans who purchase tickets from the ticket package available at padres.com/wbw.
- The first Friar Family Day at Petco Park takes place Wednesday with a special ticket package with $15 tickets for kids (14 and younger) and $20 for adults. A hot dog and soda is included with each ticket.There will be access to inflatables and face painters at Park at the Park prior to Wednesday’s game.
Following Wednesday’s game, kids 14 and under with the Friar Family Day ticket are invited to run the bases on the field. Kids and their families can begin lining up following the conclusion of the Park Blvd Gate Plaza.
Fans can purchase tickets for Friar Family Day at the Petco Park box office or online at padres.com/friarfamily.
- As part of Camp Day, thousands of children from local day camps will participate in a pregame parade around the warning track.